Re: 2 suggestions

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> I like prepending a string, for example target= or triplet=, etc.

Okay.  However,...

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Georg Bauhaus wrote:
> If "*-*-solaris2*" should appear as/in the "name" attribute of an <a>,
> prepending a name start character is not enough, because this attribute
> is of type NMTOKEN. Therefore it cannot contain * at all.

...if we are absolutely disallowed to use "*", probably just replacing
"*" by "x" without any prefix might be the lesser of all evils?

> If international character sets in XHTML are o.K., maybe there are
> some letter sets to choose from. Here is a sample.

I feel this might be worse, because it'll look as if everything was okay,
but when someone copies and pastes the string, it won't work as a proper
target string.  (Thanks for your expert input, by the way.)

Okay?

Gerald