This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Heads-up: volatile and C++
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: "Michael N. Moran" <mike at mnmoran dot org>
- Cc: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 14 Apr 2005 17:21:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: Heads-up: volatile and C++
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><425E7A55.email@example.com>
"Michael N. Moran" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| While I'm on my soap-box ...
| I would like to see some sort of alignment qualifiers
| added to the C++ language for those of us that need
| to deal with directly with page/cache alignment
| (for both types and objects.)
We just discuss (again) the topic a few minutes ago in the C++
evolution group. I'm taking care of this. A proposal with tentative
standardese will be in the post-Lillehammer mailing. Anyone
interested in this may send me an email and I'll be glad to send them a
copy for review/comments.
(Notice that TR1 already has a suggestion for aligned_storage).
Independently of that, I believe the issue raised by Jason is of most
importance and need not be diverted.