re: unreducable cp_tree_equal ICE in gcc-4.0.0-20050410

Nick Rasmussen <nick@ilm.com> wrote:

I'm running into an ICE in the prerelease, that is proving to be
very difficult in reducing to a small testcase.  If I preprocess
the source (via -E or -save-temps) the code successfully compiles.
Does this bug look familiar? 20629 is ICEing in the same spot, but
it looks like theirs was reproducible after preprocessing.

Comment #4 in http://gcc.gnu.org/PR20629 makes it looks like they had the same sort of trouble reproducing from preprocessed source:

"I'm still seeing this, but some info...
a) I'm only seeing this with LANG=C, export LANG=en_US.UTF-8 and there is no crash
b) compiling the dumped proprocessed code isn't crashing in either LANG"

So maybe you are in fact running into the same issue.

- Dan