Re: GCC 4.0 RC1 Available

Eric> Ugh.  Not very surprising, given that a jumbo patch landed by
Eric> that time:

Did this get resolved?

Eric> Tom, I presume there was a very good reason for installing such
Eric> a potentially destabilizing patch a few days before the
Eric> prerelease?  What amount of testing did it undergo before being
Eric> backported?

More than the usual; I ran the test suite on two architectures (x86
and ppc, the latter a multilib build), plus I tested it against
eclipse and jonas.

Tom