Re: GCC 4.0 RC2

Mark Mitchell wrote:
Sadly, it's become clear there's going to have to be a second release candidate. In particular, there are some wrong-code bugs that are popping up on real packages on primary platforms.

I think there is a case for considering the bug discussed in this thread release-critical: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-04/msg00534.html Summery: Native-compiled Java code ignores CLASSPATH

This is a recent regression, which prevents building Kawa.
Now there are Kawa work-arounds, but I believe there have been
reports of others seeing what might be the same problem.

Mark Wielard said he's looking into the problem.  Unfortunately,
we haven't heard anything from Tom Tromey, the auther of the big
patch that probably causes the problem.
--
	--Per Bothner