This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
GCC 4.0 RC2
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>, Thomas Koenig <Thomas dot Koenig at online dot de>,Anthony Green <green at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:59:42 -0700
- Subject: GCC 4.0 RC2
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
Sadly, it's become clear there's going to have to be a second release
candidate. In particular, there are some wrong-code bugs that are
popping up on real packages on primary platforms. Jason Merill is
looking into some of the C++ issues, but he's in Lillehammer this week
for the ISO meeting.
Therefore, I'm going to allow some of the queued patches into 4.0 at
this time. If your patch isn't on this list, but is here:
I'm still considering it. I'll let you know if I've firmly decided that
your patch will not be in RC2.
I don't have a date for RC2 yet; that will depend in part on when Jason
is able to fix the C++ issues. However, I would certainly hope that we
could get it done shortly.
Here are the patches approved thus far for RC2:
Patch to fix __builtin_apply_args on SPARC (specific).
GLIBC does not compile on S390.
Java library patch.