Re: Patches for coldfire v4e

arcjai@yahoo.com wrote:
Hi,
Attached are the patches for coldfire v4e. These
changes are originally contributed by Peter Barada. I
have migrated and tested these changes from gcc 3.04
to gcc 3.4 and now to mainline. Since coldfire v4e has MMU we need to support
m68k-linux target for coldfire v4e. To support
m68k-linux for coldfire v4e I need to modify t-linux.
But I suppose this is not desirable. In that case we
might have to create another target, maybe
coldfire-linux. Please give your comments/suggestions
on this. Is it ok to modify t-linux or coldfire-linux
should be created.

How many multilib's does adding the v4e support add? I hate to see another entire toolset binary just to get 1 or 2 multilib variants.

GNU/Linux is not the only OS interested in the v4e.
There should be a generic elf target (m68k-elf) and
I know the RTEMS community would like this (m68k-rtems).

It might make sense to add the multilib to the t-* files
of interest and add coldfire-XXX targets for smaller
dedicated toolsets.  It shouldn't be much besides a
new t-XXX file and a config.gcc entry if you can get
binutils and gdb to match.

Thanks and Best Regards,
C Jaiprakash