Re: bootstrap compare failure in ada/targparm.o on i686-pc-linux-gnu?

On Apr 11, 2005, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Apr  4, 2005, Richard Henderson <rth@redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 07:57:09PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>>> My head hurts about the GGC implications of opaque pointers in such a
>>> hash table, and retaining pointers in the hash table that have already
>>> been otherwise freed.

>> These are solved problems.

> Only in the mathematical sense.  We still have such incorrect uses in
> our tree, as the bootstrap problem I reported shows.

I take that back.  The hash tables seem to be fine.  I suspect it's
the sorting on pointers in the goto_queue that triggers the problem.
In fact, I'm pretty sure comparing pointers that are not guaranteed to
be in the same array invokes undefined behavior, and I do remember
having run into errors because of such abuse in bfd many moons ago.
Ugh...