Re: GCC 4.0 Freeze

Eric Christopher <echristo@redhat.com> writes:

>> "This compiler at present doesn't cover all of Fortran 77.  We assume
>> distributors to provide access to g77 as long as that's useful."
>
> Slightly corrected for grammar:
>
> "We assume that distributors will provide access to g77 as long until
> gfortran is compliant with Fortran 77."

"as long until" is not grammatical English.  Also, 'assuming' is odd
in this context; in release notes, one makes recommendations.  I would
write:

  "This compiler does not support all of Fortran 77 yet.  We recommend
  distributors continue to provide packages of g77 from GCC 3.4 for
  the time being.  When gfortran is considered a complete replacement
  for g77 we will announce it."

zw