RE: How to specify customized base addr?

You may extract default linker script "gcc ... -Wl,--verbose", change
the base address and rebuild application, overriding default linker
script by the new-one.

SECTIONS
{
  /* Read-only sections, merged into text segment: */
  . = 0x400000 + SIZEOF_HEADERS;

- Grigory