This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: apply_result_size vs FUNCTION_VALUE_REGNO_P
- From: Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- Cc: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:33:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: apply_result_size vs FUNCTION_VALUE_REGNO_P
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 14:49, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> Hi Eric,
> The __builtin_apply/__builtin_return mechanism is broken on SPARC in 4.x
> because of
> 2004-03-17 Eric Christopher <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * builtins.c (apply_args_size): Use reg_raw_mode.
> (apply_result_size): Ditto.
> I think the change breaks __builtin_apply/__builtin_return on every platform
> that can return values in several contiguous registers, because the entry for
> FUNCTION_VALUE_REGNO_P in the manual reads:
That was my thoughts too. You could take a look at how I fixed it on