Re: Obsoleting c4x last minute for 4.0

Richard Earnshaw wrote:
On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 00:30, Mark Mitchell wrote:

Joe Buck wrote:

But if it won't even build, then users should be warned.

I suppose -- but we have relatively many configurations that probably won't build, at least if you start combining various options, and including langauges beyond just C and C++.

I'd be content with a patch that issued a warning, but declaring a port obsolete has often been contentions, and I'd hate to rush into it.

Maybe we need a third category - 'at risk'.  Such a port will typically
have no active maintainer, some likely serious bugs and might at some
future date be obsoleted if no maintainer steps forward.

That seems eminently reasonable.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC