Input and print statements for Front End?

Hi All,

I'm developing a front end for a simple programming language as part of a project.

I have looked through the GCC Internals Manual, the Toy front end language and Treelang.

I can't seem to find any info regarding an input or print statement, so i can read integers(my language only deals with integers) from the stdio and return integer results to stdio.

I see that the Toy language has to be compiled with a C program to achieve the above. Is this the best or even only solution?

Thanks

Send an animated 'wink' to someone special - download MSN Messenger, FREE! http://messenger.msn.co.uk/Beta/Default.aspx