This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Trying to build crosscompiler for Sparc Solaris 8 -> SparcSolaris 10 (& others)...
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'Aaron Gaudio'" <agaudio at eng dot mc dot xerox dot com>,<gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 10:28:29 +0100
- Subject: RE: Trying to build crosscompiler for Sparc Solaris 8 -> SparcSolaris 10 (& others)...
>From: Aaron Gaudio
>Sent: 05 April 2005 21:05
> (CCing this to gcc@... due to potential build bugs...)
> I have already installed binutils 2.15 and gcc 3.4.5 native Solaris 8
> verisons in the prefix /vobs/java/gnu and added this directory to my
> path, so that those are the tools being used for building the cross-
> compiler environment.
Two things to check:
1) Try specifying an absolute rather than relative path to the gcc
configure script; I think this has been known to be a source of problems on
solaris platforms in the past, but I don't know if it's still relevant now.
It can't hurt to try.
2) If what you say above is *literally* correct, then the reason the wrong
assembler is being found is because you've added $prefix to your $PATH, when
you should have added $prefix/bin!
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....