This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.0 Status Report (2005-04-05)
- From: Kelley Cook <kcook at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 10:22:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.0 Status Report (2005-04-05)
- Hop-count: 1
- References: <4251CD1F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
I nominate PR libgcj/20155 for a "less critical" bug since it is
actually a bootstrap regression on numerous platforms albeit easily
worked around with a configure --disable-libgcj. The root cause is the
invocation of a ~90,000 character command line (which would be beyond my
expectation of a reasonable sh) to create a convinence library.
This bug was "caused" by an RTH workaround to fix piecewise linking
fallout from the original workaround to this problem (PR libgcj/17222).