Re: call for testers!

Geoffrey Keating wrote:
I'd really appreciate it if people on unusual host systems (AIX, HPPA, cygwin, etc.) could see what the effect of the patch in <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-04/msg00145.html> is on their bootstrap. I've gotten no responses at all, and I presume this means that lots of people have tried the patch and discovered that it works fine, or they aren't too worried about discovering latent bugs and having their bootstrap fail...

The only work involved, assuming you already have a bootstrapped tree, would be to apply the patch and run 'make quickstrap' or even 'make gnucompare'; and possibly a single 'cmp' command. This should take about 1 minute.

- solaris10 ok.

- hppa64-hp-hpux11.11, ok for gmake gnucompare. (with GNU as)

but:
andreast% cmp -l gcc/cc1 gcc/stage2/cc1
   894 122 114
   895  21 202