This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: call for testers!
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: geoffk at apple dot com (Geoffrey Keating)
- Cc: law at redhat dot com, cgf at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, dave dot anglin at nrc dot ca, dje at watson dot ibm dot com, dannysmith at users dot sourceforge dot net
- Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 20:38:32 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: call for testers!
> That's probably a relative of the bug that occurs on Darwin. It ought
> to be possible to avoid it by using -pipe in TARGET_LIBGCC2_CFLAGS;
> could you try that? (I'd like to think that adding -pipe would always
> be safe, but who knows what madness might lurk in the HPUX
This is with gas. There is additional madness in the HP
assembler but its use is not recommended.
> I guess cc1 does use this file, so comparing the two cc1 executables
> would fail too; but does it work if -pipe is used?
This file gets linked into all executables. I'll try a build with
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)