Re: bootstrap compare failure in ada/targparm.o on i686-pc-linux-gnu?

On Apr 4, 2005, at 2:32 PM, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
On Mar 26, 2005, Graham Stott <graham.stott@btinternet.com> wrote:
I do regular bootstraps of mainline all languages on FC3
i686-pc-linuux-gnu and haven't seen any problemss upto Friday. I'm
using --enable-checking=tree,misc,rtl,rtlflag which might make a
difference.

I'm still observing this problem every now and then. It's not consistent or easily reproducible, unfortunately. I suspect we're using pointers somewhere, and that stack/mmap/whatever address randomization is causing different results. I'm looking into it.

I've found 2 bugs over the last 6 months where the problem is exposed only if two pointers happen to hash to the same bucket. It's occurred to me that doing a bootstrap with all hashtable sizes set to 1 might be a good idea.