Re: Use Bohem's GC for compiler proper in 4.1?

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

I wasn't aware that people were exclusively concentrating on small
linear gains.

Since no one said they were, and since they aren't, it is not surprising that you would be unaware of this non-fact :-) I didn't say people were exclusively concentrating on such gains by any means, just that it makes more sense to look for good targets of opportunity. Some of the suggestions in this thread seemed dubious to me from that point of view.