Re: RFC: #pragma optimization_level

Dale Johannesen wrote:
Agree. (And documentation will be written.)

Yay. It sounds like we're definitely on the same page. I think that as long as we keep the semantics clear, this will be useful functionality.

That's what I assumed. Anything finer than that is insane. :-)

Actually there are cases where it makes sense: you could ask that a particular call be
inlined, or a particular loop be unrolled N times.

True. Consider my remark regarding insanity qualified to whole-function optimizations. :-)

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC