Re: PR 20505

James E Wilson wrote:

The testcase is not portable, as I pointed out in the PR.  Trying this
on an x86_64-linux system, I get 27 "excess errors" failures.  All of
them are
    error: cast from 'int*' to 'int' loses precision
Using long works better than int, but is still not fool proof, as there
are targets where longs are smaller than pointers.  Maybe we can rely on
something like ptrdiff_t?
IIRC there's an available cpp #define. I will find it an amend as appropriate.

thanks for the review.

nathan