Re: PR 20505

James E Wilson wrote:
Nathan Sidwell wrote:

My inclination is to simply add an additional check in the dwarf outputter,
verifying that the initializer is indeed an INT_CST.

That is a simple solution, but it causes us to lose debug info.
correct -- but we also don't output such info for out-of-class definitions
of such constants (i.e. we're already somewhat deficient).

TREE_INT_CST_{LOW,HIGH}. That should be safe. On mainline, I think we should try supporting everything here and see what happens.
Makes sense.

Being conservative I'd go for my patch on 4.0 and yours (if verified) on
mainline.

thanks for your comments.

nathan