Re: GCC 4.0 Status Report (2005-03-24)

Eric Botcazou wrote:
20263 SPARC64 ASM bug

Eric has a patch; I've asked about possible other ways to fix it.

I've answered, but probably not very constructively as your remark was not crystal-clear either. :-) Btw, I think you should "Add CC" you when you comment on specific PRs in order to speed up the discussion.

OK. (FWIW, you're not on the CC: list for that PR either.)

Note that the patch has been approved by Roger for 4.x, so it should already have been checked in, had I not run into technical contingencies lately.

Great; I shan't second-guess then.

However the same problem is present in 3.4.x for the C++ compiler (but is not a regression there) so I'd like you to make a decision for that branch too.

I'd prefer not to apply this for 3.4.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell