This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Feature request: Globalize symbol


wilson@specifixinc.com (James E Wilson)  wrote on 10.03.05 in <1110512041.7939.115.camel@aretha.corp.specifixinc.com>:

> On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 17:48, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > This isn't a source-level modification, by definition.
>
> And I could argue that my suggestion isn't a source-level modification
> either, or I could argue that your suggestion really is a source-level
> modification, but it seems pointless to argue about this.

I'm not sure it's pointless when it's about fundamental vocabulary.

I, and presumably Hans-Peter too, think a source-level modification is  
pretty much defined by taking an editor to the source file. If you can use  
the unchanged source file, then it's not a source-level modification.

MfG Kai


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]