This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Bad link on webpage
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'Giovanni Bajo'" <rasky at develer dot com>,"'James E Wilson'" <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:39:45 -0000
- Subject: RE: Bad link on webpage
----Original Message----
>From: Giovanni Bajo
>Sent: 11 March 2005 08:02
> James E Wilson <wilson@specifixinc.com> wrote:
>
>>> I would like to still get hold of the information that used to be
>>> present at that page because they were in fact very useful.
>>
>> This is what web search engines are for. Going to yahoo, typing gcc
>> visibility, and then clicking on the "cached" link for the first search
>> result, I get a copy of the page.
>>
>
http://216.109.117.135/search/cache?p=gcc+visibility&sm=Yahoo%21+Search&togg
le=1&ei=UTF-8&u=www.nedprod.com/programs/gccvisibility.html&w=gcc+visibility
&d=C31F2BCCE8&icp=1&.intl=us
>
>
> Ah thank you! It's obvious, but for some reason I tried webarchive.com but
> google didn't occur to me! :)
It did to me (google, that is, not yahoo), I checked it when you first
posted, but it was already gone from _their_ cache. I thought of webarchive
too. I didn't even know that yahoo had a webcache, and it's very worth
knowing if it sometimes has stuff that's gone from everywhere else!
cheers,
DaveK
--
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....