Re: Help : Instruction Scheduling

Sachin Sonawane wrote:
But I want to see the Assembly code with no-ops. How do I go for it? Which construct in .md file or any other file do I need to set for it?

We have no support for emitting padding nops. You would have to modify the x86 backend to emit them, and this would be a non-trivial change. Try looking at the documentation for scheduler hooks, and try to figure out how to emit a padding nop if we need to increment the cycle count without scheduling any instructions.

An alternative would be to look at the scheduler dumps. Try compiling with -O2 -da -fsched-verbose=2 and look at the .sched2 dump. It will list every instruction scheduled and an estimate of which cycle the compiler expects it to execute in.