Re: PATCH RFA: Use years for ChangeLog names

"Joseph S. Myers" <joseph@codesourcery.com> writes:

> On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>
> > look at the ChangeLog for the appropriate year.  This is also how some
> > other GNU programs organize their ChangeLog files, including libhava
> > and libstdc++-v3.
>
> Not consistently, however.  libjava/ChangeLog-1999 has entries from 1998,
> libjava/ChangeLog-2001 has entries from 2000, libstdc++-v3/ChangeLog-2000
> has entries from 1998 and 1999.  Perhaps a followup patch could also fix
> those?

Sure, I'll volunteer to tackle that, if the first patch is approved.

Offlist Daniel Berlin mentioned that maybe any such renaming should
wait until we move to a version control system which supports file
renaming (if indeed we do move).  Personally I don't think it matters
since I don't think anybody really cares about doing "cvs log" or "cvs
annotate" (or equivalent) on a ChangeLog file.  But if anybody feels
differently, please speak up now.

Ian