This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question about ObjC++ state
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- Cc: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf <Lars dot Sonchocky-Helldorf at interone dot de>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, discuss-gnustep at gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 17:30:13 -0800
- Subject: Re: Question about ObjC++ state
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <OF8A410AD4.3D56C698-ONC1256FB6.003F26E2-C1256FB6.0040360D@interone.de> <DA3863F7-D0A3-4A42-87B3-29BDDA40CE05@apple.com>
Mike Stump wrote:
If such a patch
were submitted, it would have to go into mainline first anyway, if it
proves safe there and people want to propose a version of it for 4.0.x,
then I think the RM would have to reevaluate it on its merits and risks
and the timing. I don't see the need for the RM to declare at this
point what a future decision would be. I suspect that if done well, the
RM would entertain allowing it in 4.0.[n+1]; but that is just speculation.
I have it on good authority that the RM agrees with all of the
statements above.
--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
mark@codesourcery.com
(916) 791-8304