This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: HELP!!!!
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'Jonathan Wakely'" <cow at compsoc dot man dot ac dot uk>,"'Jesus Christ'" <morgenstern13 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 15:07:46 -0000
- Subject: RE: HELP!!!!
----Original Message----
>From: Jonathan Wakely
>Sent: 03 March 2005 13:00
> On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 04:36:26PM -0500, Jesus Christ wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> My name is Caleb Statser and I have recently checked out the book "C++
>> For Dummies"
>> I would
>> greatly appreciate it if you would send me a direct link to somewhere
>> where the program is availabe to a person who dosen't yet know what
>> they are doing.
>
> Hi Caleb,
>
> this list is for development of GCC, your question would be more
> appropriate on gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Seconded, but since we're being helpful today I'll just throw in one
further reference:
> Qunicy is a development environment that works with MinGW (a version of
> the GNU C++ compiler for windows). The Quincy site includes instructions
> on downloading and installing MinGW, which you can get here:
> N.B. the Quincy FTP site doesn't seem to be responding right now but
Failing that, there's another IDE for mingw gcc, that a lot of people seem
to find works well for them. It's called "Dev-Cpp" and you can get it at
http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html
Note that this isn't a recommendation from my personal experience, I have
never used it, but it is popular and seems well supported, so I'd suggest
you take a look at it and see if it's right for you. Good luck!
cheers,
DaveK
--
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....