Re: Error help

Hi,

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Rajkishore Barik wrote:

> Checked out a version of new-regalloc code and patched some of my code. It
> crashes in the bootstrapping
> part where "xgcc" runs some of my code on __dtor* modules. Is there a way
> to avoid this
> bootstrapping? I do not really care about these errors.

Somehow I got this mail already separately, not over the gcc list.
Perhaps my answer didn't get through, so here it is again:

Avoid the process of bootstraping itself?  Then just do a make after
configuring instead of a "make bootstrap".  Note that this still will
build the runtime libraries, so if the compiler crashes on them you would
have to fix it before having an installable version.  But during
development I normally also don't care, and just do make without install,
and debug the generated cc1 directly.  But I usually at least fix bugs
during the runtime lib building, when I see them.

Ciao,
Michael.