This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: No way to scan-tree-dump .i01.cgraph?
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>, Richard Guenther <rguenth at tat dot physik dot uni-tuebingen dot de>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 11:41:13 -0700
- Subject: Re: No way to scan-tree-dump .i01.cgraph?
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc
- References: <Pine.LNX.4.44.0502281702440.2297-100000@alwazn.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de> <1109611436.662.18.camel@localhost.localdomain> <20050301182537.GA4832@us.ibm.com> <4224BDCD.30605@redhat.com>
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 14:09 -0500, Diego Novillo wrote:
> Janis Johnson wrote:
>
> > I also find it annoying that the dump files aren't cleaned up. Should
> > the dump files for failing tests be left, or would it be OK to remove
> > all of them?
> >
> Much as I don't use the failing executables left behind by the
> testsuite, I wouldn't use the dump files. They can be easily recreated.
>
> But, I can see valid reasons to wanting dump files for failing tests be
> left behind. The dump files for successful should be removed, though.
The problem with leaving failed dump files behind is that they can
interfere with a following run of the testsuite (particularly if a pass
is added/subtracted). I would vote strongly that the dump files for
failing tests be removed.
Jeff