Re: Problem in GCC porting...

vivek@conjoinsys.com wrote:
We are trying to fix the already ported GCC 2.95 on the ABACUS processor.
ABACUS processor is very much similar to SPARC from SUN.

We don't maintain gcc-2.95 anymore, and we don't have a copy of the ABACUS port. Probably not much that volunteers can do to help you.

1. Variable initialization within block: If we declare and initialize a
variable within a block in the function, initialization happens only at
the first time, not every time, if code enters that block again.

Curious. Are auto variables being allocated to the stack? I don't see how this could happen if they are on the stack. This could happen if they are allocated to the data section, but that really shouldn't be happening. I don't know offhand where to point you on this one.

2. Function  pointer returning some value:
In case of function pointers returning something we are not able to
collect the same in the return register or variable.

Probably a bug in the call_value pattern in the abacus.md file. Look at what happens when it is passed a (MEM (REG)) for an indirect call.