Accessing the subversion repository

Hi,

Joern and I are having difficulty accessing the subversion test repository.

"svn co svn://svn.toolchain.org/svn/gcc/trunk" does not work due to the ST
corporate firewall (don't ask - the wheels turn slowly), so I have been
looking for an alternative approach.

Is there any alternative to straight svn protocol set up? I know subversion
supports them, but I haven't seen anything on the list or wiki announcing
it.

I have tried "svn co svn+shh://svn.toolchain.org/svn/gcc/trunk", but that
does not work either. I appear to have contacted the remote ssh server, but
the devtest username and password given do not seem to work. Are they are
for svn only?. Or am I missing some settings somewhere?

I have also tried "svn co http://svn.toolchain.org/svn/gcc/trunk";, but this
is just a guess and receives the response "302 Moved Temporarily" (once I
figured out .subversion/servers proxy settings). Is this just the wrong URL?
It might be that our proxy does not support DAV?

I can access the repository via web browser at
http://www.toolchain.org/websvn/listing.php?repname=gcc&path=%2F&sc=0 but
that isn't exactly what I had in mind.

The subversion book at red-bean seems to cover server setup, but is rather
light on client setup (not that I have read it in detail).

If no other method currently exists, is there any possibility of getting one
set up? Also, once (if) the subversion repository goes 'live' on
gcc.gnu.org, is there any plans to support the alternative protocols?

Thanks

--
Andrew Stubbs
andrew.stubbs@st.com