Re: Details for svn test repository

On 2005-02-11, at 04:51, Daniel Berlin wrote:

Against my better judgement, i'll respond anyway.

On 2005-02-11, at 02:19, Daniel Berlin wrote:

Uh, why do you want the server stuff for gcc purposes?

Just curious. Why not? If I want to try it out I want to try it out on my own repos too. Maybe I was just too optimistic about it. And then I simply didn't know up front what I will get - just the client the server or what else ot of it. configure --help didn't tell anything about it.

The configure script prints out copious messages about what it is going to disable because of what dependencies, so you are either not paying attention, or again, you are trolling.

OK. I just took a redhat spec as configure command template. As it turns out this
was a mistake on my part... argh! JBLD was once again the root of the problem.
Unfortunately due to this I didn't notice that subversion packages
apr/, apr-utils/, neon/ and db4/ as it should within itself thus making it self
containing - which is indeed fine. Much much better then autogen. Thumbs up!

Contrary to the origingal apr-1.1.0.tar.bz2 the configure scripts inside
subversion honor --disable-shared and other flags properly.
If not linking against shared apr the subversion configure script suddenly starts
to honour --disable-shared itself... OK. that explains my previous problems.

The only thing which makes me still a bit nervous is that apr-0.9.5 seems a bit
of way off behind apr-1.1.0. However there seem to be no serious sec. advisories for
apr versions newer then 0.9.4 out there...