Re: General question about types of tree expressions

On Feb 9, 2005, at 9:16 AM, Richard Guenther wrote:

Hi!

Are there constraints on say, the types of the operands of a
PLUS_EXPR of type t?  I.e. is a PLUS_EXPR (int, short, unsigned int)
a valid tree?  Or do the operands need to be both integer in this
case, too?

I don't seem to find any documentation about such stuff.

That is because it is not quiet well defined just yet (but is generally what I will saw below).

But yes any integer (and floating and vector) type is okay for PLUS_EXPR
as long as all three types match.  What I mean is that the operands of
PLUS_EXPR have to have the same type as the PLUS_EXPR.

-- Pinski