Re: Ping: build testing broken for many multilib targets

Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com> writes:
> Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> writes:
>> A laudable goal, but, I think something best left for another day, and
>> then done wholesale across the board.
>>
>> So, I think we now have a plan of action.  Zack, are you up for fixing
>> this?  (It looks like there's a list of affected targets in PR 19525;
>> I would think that you could produce patches for these targets in a
>> cross environment, and then find testers.)
>
> Alright, I will have a go at it.

Thanks to both you and Mark for the time you've spent on this.
I was in the same boat as you: I was happy to actually write a
patch, but I just couldn't tell what the preferred layout was.
I needed to know what direction we were supposed to be going
in first.

Mark's plan certainly sounds good for the targets I care about,
namely mips-sgi-irix6.5 and mips64*-linux-gnu.  The former has
its own t-* fragments, so now that I know where we're headed,
I'm more than willing to do the necessary modifications there.
I'm also up for doing the linux bits if you're strapped for time.

Richard