Re: Query on UTF-32 encodings for letters

On 2005-01-18, at 05:58, Robert Dewar wrote:

I am talking specifically about the issue of Ada folding rules with Latin-1 and ten years experience with them. You seem to be talking about different issues entirely. Note that I talked about the folding rules above. I think you did not read carefully, and thought I said that people were happy to write in Latin-1. That of course is false. That is why GNAT has always provided -gnatiw to allow full 16-bit characters in identifiers, and it is why the new standard has mandated this, and extended it to all planes of 10646.

Look the problem isn't the fact that somebody wishes to support international
encodings for symbols in code. This may be even helpful to some.
However I still stand by the opinion that declaring them case insensitive
is some kind of wired idiocy which can be only the result of some
polit-bureau group. What are the good reasons to make them such in first place?