Re: New GCC logotype development. (Was:Re: New GCC logotype version1.6 (Sorry, I forgot to attach the image).)

Robert Baruch wrote:

I think it should be funnier. Saying "GCC" on the logo is nice, but
sort of plain. It would work it all FSF projects used the same logo,
and the only change would be the word below it. That's why I suggested
the Gnu eating some source code, because that's what compilers do,
sort of.

The other alternative is to show a Gnu "outputting" machine code, but
that would be rude...

:)

You see, Rob. Source chewing is allright but logo should represent the idea at lower resolutions too. If I draw a source code in his mouth it may look OK in the highest resolution, but if You zoom everything out, it will turn into meaningless piece of paper.