This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Modifing Gcc


Sridat Kota <sridat@gmail.com> writes:

> I am a research student at the University of Auckland in New Zealand
> an I am currently attempting to modify GCC so I can port it onto a
> newly designed architecture. The new processor called MiCore is am
> general purpose embedded systems processor with a risk
> architecture. I am looking for some directions on which files to
> change in the source code for this.

For a new port, the best approach is to find the closest CPU
architecture that GCC has been ported to and clone that port.  That
means copying the gcc/config/FOO subdirectory and modifying that.

As for the details of the .md files and the like, I recommend you read
the GCC internals manual -- in particular, the chapter on machine
descriptions.

Ben


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]