This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Passing temprary by reference requires copy constructor in 3.4?


Indeed, however seems that std commitee is removing the restriction. Hence I would like to see a flag to disable the error (if there is not one already and I am just not aware of it). I am refering to the DR 391.

Why, the DR is still active so GCC is correct as of right now. If and when the DR goes to defect, we will implement the needed change. But currently GCC is following the standard.

It could be material for -fpermissive. But surely not now that mainline is stage3.


Paolo


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]