This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Spurious testsuite failures on multi-cpu sparc-solaris2.9
- From: Christian Ehrhardt <ehrhardt at mathematik dot uni-ulm dot de>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: dank at kegel dot com, ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 18:59:22 +0200
- Subject: Re: Spurious testsuite failures on multi-cpu sparc-solaris2.9
- References: <200409080128.i881S0eU004790@caip.rutgers.edu> <20040908081204.10193.qmail@thales.mathematik.uni-ulm.de> <200409182319.i8INJ9ck007034@caip.rutgers.edu> <20041004122154.874.qmail@thales.mathematik.uni-ulm.de> <200410041350.i94DolvY029658@caip.rutgers.edu>
On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 09:50:47AM -0400, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> Works just great for me. However, I also have the expect patch
> installed. What I'd like to determine is whether both are needed or
> simply just the solaris2.9 patch. I'll try recompiling a clean expect
> and see what happens.
AFAIR the expect-Patch helps only if the testcase generates large amounts
of output. Most if not all of your Problems will go away with the
Solaris-Patch alone.
> Also, are previous version of solaris2 affected? I only saw the patch
> for 2.9.
I have no idea about Solaris 7 or earlier, according to my tests, Solaris 8
is affected, however, a Patch is not yet publicly availiable.
regards Christian
--
THAT'S ALL FOLKS!