Re: proposal: drop support for ada on tru64-alpha

> My proposal is to disable Ada in the toplevel configure for
> tru64-alpha, and fix the bug.  I would do this in mainline; Mark may
> choose to do this in 3.4 as well, since the bug is targeted at 3.4.3.
>
> Any objections?  If you do have objections, are you willing and able to
> debug the problem?  If so, when would you expect to be able to do it?

I must say I can't find from the bugzilla comments what is the relationship
between this PR and Ada builds, in particular since this PR seems to
be g++ specific.

In any case, if the issue is related to PCH on alpha-tru64, then we should
disable pch on alpha-tru64, and not Ada.

In general I would object to disabling Ada on alpha-tru64 on these grounds,
this will only give this PR an even lower priority.

Now, I feel that I do not all the information at hand, so more justification
would be needed here to help me understand the issue at hand (and once
I understand the issue better, I'd guess there will be better solutions than
simply disabling Ada).

Arno