Re: Complex log builtins

"Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu> writes:

[...]

| If running those with the clog* builtins enabled doesn't break
| something, it may just be that the compiler is different enough that
| it's not longer a problem.  E.g. the new parser or builtins work may
| have safely compartmentalized things.

Assuming C99's clog is enabled, I don't know how the compiler managed
to safely compartmentalize this:

   #include <math.h>    // bring in C99's stuff
   #include <iostream>  // bring in C++ streams

   int main()
   {
      using namespace std;
      clog << "Hellow, World\n";
   }

I can think of some library hacks attempting to make that work -in the
small-, but they're brittle hacks.

-- Gaby