GCC 3.4.2 Release Candidate Available

The first GCC 3.4.2 release candidate is available from:

  ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/prerelease-3.4.2-20040829/

for testing.  Please perform testing by building directly from these
sources, not from CVS, so that we can test our packaging.

If you find problems that you think should hold up the release:

(1) Put them into Bugzilla in the usual way

(2) Add me to the CC: list for the PR

(3) Add a comment to the PR that indicates that you think this problem
    should hold up the release

In general, only problems that relate to generating incorrect code or
that prevent bootstrapping on popular platforms will result in holding
up the release.

Assuming no major problems are found, the final GCC 3.4.2 release will
be made in the next few days.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC