Re: Several C++ regressions

On Aug 23, 2004, at 10:12 AM, Zack Weinberg wrote:

Diego Novillo <dnovillo@redhat.com> writes:

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 12:39, Andrew Pinski wrote:

OK?  Tested on powerpc-apple-darwin, this time with no regressions
and it fixes the regressions that were caused by my first patch.

I would rather back out the original patch to give you time to
investigate the real problem.  There may be other nasties lurking
around.

Mark and I concur. This is an optimization -- I know it works around some codegen bugs, but it doesn't fix the underlying problems with the alias analyzer -- so, since it breaks stuff, let's back it out and try again.

I reverted the C++ part and I will try to figure out who is wrong but it looks like either expand or a bug in the C++ front-end causing the field decls to have the wrong offsets.

2004-08-22 Andrew Pinski <apinski@apple.com>

        Revert:
        2004-08-22  Andrew Pinski  <apinski@apple.com>
        PR c++/14029
        * typeck.c (build_unary_op): Use &a.b if the foldded lowered
        expression is not constant.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski