Help: want to build automatic .i-based tester for GCC

My recent (and not very lusingative) results with patches to remove expander dead code, which seemed to cause bootstrapping failures everywhere but on x86, led me to this project: a web-based automatic patch tester based on .i files for a recent version of GCC.

In other words, I'd take a big body of code, which is GCC itself, build a C-only cross-compiler to that platform, and try to have it compile the .i files for that big body of code.

An option would be to check for 1) ICEs caused by the patch, and 2) identical generated assembly WRT the unpatched compiler. 2) is of course almost as strong as bootstrapping the patched compiler on that target, while 1) is at least a better harness than bootstrapping/regtesting on a single platform.

To do so, I need the .i files. It is as easy as bootstrapping with -save-temps and putting a tarball (gzipped or bzip2-ed) somewhere on the web. I'd be particularly interested in ia64, powerpc and sparc preprocessed sources, but other targets cannot be bad of course.

The tester will be made available to anyone that asks about it (like Phil Edwards' regression binary search).

Paolo