Re: warn/croak on "string" "string" auto-joins

Dave Korn wrote:

>>"Jun", "Jul",

>>>I'm not sure I understand, what does "high probability
>>
>>warning" mean?
>>
>>>I get no errors/warnings from the following:
>>>
>>>#include <stdio.h>
>>>int main( void )
>>>{
>>> char *months[15] = {"Jan", "Feb", "Mar", "Apr", "May",
>>
>>"Jun", "Jul",
>>
>>>"Aug" "Sep", "Oct", "Nov", "Dec"};
>>> printf("7: %s\n", months[8]);
>>> return 0;
>>>}
>>>
>>>compiled with 'gcc -Wall -pedantic -ansi', using GCC 3.3.3.
>>
>>Hmm, I could have sworn that a mismatch in array dimensions
>>does emit a warning (too many initializers do error out "como").
>>Looks like this is not the case. Sorry for bothering you :-(
>

> But it has too *few* initialisers!

While not exactly what was asked for in the first place, it would seem to me this kind of problem (giving too few initalisers to a fixed length array) should definatly emit a warning.. would this be hard to do / can anyone come up with a sensible reason to give too few initalisers?

Chris