Re: Where do I mention a branch in our web pages?

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Mark Mitchell wrote:
I've created a csl-3_3_1-branch for some support work we'll be doing for a version of GCC based off of 3.3.1. It's probably not going to be interested to anyone except our direct customers, but I wanted to be a good citizen and put in on the web pages.

Which definitely is a good thing, thanks!

I can't figure out where to put it, though; it doesn't really fit in the categories here:

http://gcc.gnu.org/cvs.html

It's more like the Red Hat release branches than anything else, and I
don't see them there either.  What's the policy for such a branch?

I don't think we have clearly documented such a policy so far, but I do agree that we should, indeed, also list such branches.

How about creating a new section to cvs.html, called "Vendor Branches"
for example, and documenting your branch there?  Jeff, what do you think?
Would you mind adding the rh- branches there as well?

Gerald