Re: Problems with breakpoints in constructors

Here they. There are two files dump.txt with my changes and dump.orig.txt
without them.

I read the abbreviations related stuff from dwarf document. Also looked at the
gcc code that  generates abbreviations. The gcc code looks correct.

Something is messed up in the dwarfdump utility output. I can't find correct
abbreviations tags in debug_info. The dump_info records for 2 instances of
MyClass and 1 instance of afun contain DW_AT_MIPS_linkage_name attribute.
Both of them point to the same abbreviation entry. Yet when I debugged gdb's
read_partial_die function, I found that the abbreviation entry for afun and
MyClass is different. The afun entry contains 7 attributes, including
DW_AT_MIPS_linkage_name and MyClass entry contains 6 attributes, without the
MIPS entry.

How do I verify whether what dwarfdump output shows is incorrect or whether
gdb's interpretation of the dwarf data is incorrect?

-Amit