This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada bootstrap failure due to loop optimization andbuiltin_stack_alloc
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:17:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: Ada bootstrap failure due to loop optimization andbuiltin_stack_alloc
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <10407291222.AA09052@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu> <20040729125335.GA15817@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 08:53, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
> > this sounds weird.
> > It's a wierd builtin!
> > What are the virtual operands on __builtin_stack_alloc and the
> > assignment statements?
> > There are none on the assignment.
> hmm.... right. The problem is that &argv behaves in a really weird way --
> it really refers to memory, unlike any other occurence of &.
Then it is broken. In GIMPLE ADDR_EXPR is never a reference to memory.